Friday, April 19, 2013

IMHO: My favorites, RIP


Well, this might deflate my sails as far as being a savvy snus critic is concerned... but my two all time favorite snuses have been discontinued. My first love was Kardus Premium Blend. A loose snus that was cut instead of ground... it was so heavenly and mild that you could easily eat it with a spoon. A tobacco purist's dream, it was comprised of tobacco, salt and water... everything about this snus oozed quality... with hints of dried fruit and a subtle sweetness, it was truly a remarkable snus... hands down "my brand" while it lasted. Sadly it got the axe in 2006, shortly after my snus career began. On the plus side, they do offer a small batch Kardus Superior every year late in the fall. Keep an eye out for this vintage Kardus, as it will give you a good idea of the little slice of heaven that was once available year round in a 40g can... very expensive, but in my experience worth every penny. After the death of my beloved, and lots of snus sampling... I found my second (and last) "favorite" snus, Roda Lacket Claq Qui. It was a strong original (read: moist) portion of Roda lacket. With a very similar flavor profile to Kardus, AND the convenience of a portion, I was once again in love... that affair lasted until early 09 when it was nixed too. While I miss both of these products immensely, their deaths have meant a lot of sampling... A LOT of product jumping... and I've come to love many more for it. Also, as I've yet to find a replacement, I've yet to lock myself into a new brand, which means I can offer PLENTY of reviews... plenty of Snus Tastings!

Overall: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment