Friday, April 19, 2013

REVIEW: Living Favorites # 2 Skruf Brand



Let me begin by saying this is one in a series of reviews of my current (available) favorite brands. It's important to note that most reviews will be of a single tin/product... but in an effort to condense my experiences, I'm going to start a little bit more broad... and address the brand's entire product line. I will say that in my opinion, you can't go wrong with any of the ones I cover in this series.  As time allows (read: if/when I get bored), I will revisit each individually, but these should serve as a nice overview.

Skruf is another staple in my rotation. It's flavor is hard to describe for the american palate.. but here goes the good old "college try".  It has a bold tobacco flavor, mild elements of citrus, a slight spice, and a rose oil overtone.  It's this last bit, the rose oil, that keeps it from being my everyday snus.  Reminds me a bit too much of grandmas soap and I find myself tiring of it for anything more than a roll at a time.  Now, what Skruf has going for it... is mouth feel.  The los is one of a kind in the snus world, it's a larger grind, but something in their process makes it soft and almost fluffy... it is so comfortable.  No other snus comes close.  This is equally true of their portions.  No irritation, quality tobacco, no frills packaging (the white cans are a bit girly though).  I don't think you can go wrong with a Skruf product.  Now, let me say that everything up to this point has been focused on their original flavor.  They have expanded their line quite extensively in the last few years... they've had a Tranbar (cranberry) portion for quite a while, and it too is very pleasant.  Just straightforward unsweetened cranberry flavor added... it's a win.  They did a nordic licorice flavor (not sure it's still available) but it was a bit too sweet for my taste, and same could be said of the fresh mint.


Overall: 9.7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment