Friday, April 19, 2013

REVIEW: Living Favorites #1 Roda Lacket Brand


Let me begin by saying this is one in a series of reviews of my current (available) favorite brands. It's important to note that most reviews will be of a single tin/product... but in an effort to condense my experiences, I'm going to start a little bit more broad... and address the brand's entire product line. I will say that in my opinion, you can't go wrong with any of the ones I cover in this series.  As time allows (read: if/when I get bored), I will revisit each individually, but these should serve as a nice overview.

Without further adieu... here's Living Favorites #1. No surprise, with Roda Lacket Claq Qui being an all time favorite, that I LOVE this brand.  It's a mild(er) salty snus, with subtle sweetness and dried fruit notes (figs, dates, currants).  It's available as a Los/Loose and White Portion.  Hands down the best flavor profile on the market (in my opinion)... that said, their are a few drawbacks that keep either from being my brand of choice.  With the loose, it's the grind... this stuff is so finely ground that it lends itself to "mudslide" (the pris falling apart and dripping down your teeth)... it also makes for an extremely dense snus... more like a paste.  For anyone who doesn't mind the afternoon brown smile, this is an excellent choice, and one that I almost always keep in my refrigerator.  With the portions, the mudslide is fixed... but the white portion material is very dry, and leads to irritation of my lip... combine that with the density of Roda Lacket, and it leads to a slightly uncomfortable experience.... that said, I do order it very frequently, because I've found nothing that rivals it in taste.  This is one of the oldest brands for a reason... namely because it's an excellent snus.  Any perceived negativity in this review should be taken for what it is, my hang ups on not making this my everyday snus...  regardless it is a STAPLE in my rotation.  

Overall: 9.8/10

3 comments:

  1. For me, Roda Lacket loose is not only the best tasting snus, it's also the best grind. The extra fine grind suits me just fine. It's gentler on the lip. I almost never experience mudslides, so the posters complaint doesn't apply for me. I used to like to try all the different loose brands, but now I've settled on Roda Lacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My third favorite loose snus behind Grov and Ettan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly love Roda Laket , I would order their portions as soon as they fe released them, however because of my very physical active job I can't really use los without wasting it or being paranoid it's all over my mouth. At home los is like desert....it finally available.

    ReplyDelete