Tuesday, June 4, 2013

REVIEW: Latest Order... First Impressions

So I teased that these would be coming last week, and honestly they just landed yesterday... so I'm going to need a little more time with each to formulate a strong opinion.  To "buy" that time, I'm going to give you my first impression on the one's I've tried so far (all but the mini's).  First and foremost Skruf Nord 66 degrees.  The Nordic Breeze (mint/licorice) is a complete and total pass for me.  I tried one portion, and gave the can to a friend at work.  Not surprising considering my aversion to mint snus, but this one was also overly sweet imo (not quite as bad as American Snuhss) but too close for my comfort.  But in the interest of giving you some sort of review, I'll say... it's a sweet, mild mint with strong licorice notes.  The Skruf quality is there, and if you don't mind a sweet(er) snus, and can appreciate this flavor profile, I think you'll find it very enjoyable.  Now, on to the Nord 66 strong white portion... this one is amazing... everything I like about Skruf minus the "grandma's soap"/rose oil flavor.  Wow, it's yummy!!!  This one I'm going to need to spend a lot of time with to do it justice... but expect a rave review.  Next, General Classic licorice portion... again yum!  Not sweet, none of the usual "metallic" General taste... great licorice notes... quite possibly my favorite licorice snus to date... expect good things here too.  GB Summer Edition... also surprisingly good (I say "also/surprisingly", because I didn't expect much from this or the General).... this is another I'm going to have to spend some time with to give you a proper review, but great fruity taste... and last but not least GB Prima Fint loose... hands down my favorite of the bunch (out of a long list of winners)...  see my Roda Lacket, and Ettan reviews... now imagine no smoke/fruity notes.  This one is going to get a seat in my hall of fame *nods*  When I return to the reviewing, expect a LOT of juicy details on these (and the mini's--likely by way of a guest review).  Til next time, Happy Snusing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment