Tuesday, June 11, 2013

REVIEW: NEW Goteborgs Rape Summer Edition 2013 Havtorn


A very enjoyable white portion snus from Swedish Match.  With the taste of unsweetened peach tea, and spicy straight tobacco.  I'm getting to this one quick (and even rushing my review a bit) due to limited availability.

Appearance: 7/10 It's a slight variant of the typical GB Rape white packaging.  The smaller catch lid, metallic label.  A-okay, but nothing special going on here.
Aroma: 7/10 Peach, peach and more peach.  As refined as my pallet is, I couldn't honestly pick out "passion fruit" in a lineup, so  if it's there, I'll just call it fruity.
Mouth Feel:  5/10 Swedish Match's regular white portions, aren't my favorite.  Don't get me wrong, the starburst pattern looks really cool.  But they leave little slack in the material (for comfortable positioning), and the material is dry (which leads to irritation in my lip).
Flavor: 9/10 The flavor profile of this one is great, if peach is your thing, and you don't appreciate added sweetener in your tobacco (like me).  As said above, this one has a nice spice element (which compliments fruit notes excellently imo).
Nic Hit: 8/10 Standard 8mg/g nicotine.  Comes on metered, and delivers for a long time... really satisfies.
Drip: 9/10 White portion, good on the drip (again, it's no lab series), but by the end of the day you will see a tint.
Overall:  7.5/10 Just going with the straight average here, you may want to weigh/curve this score up due to limited availability, or if peach is your flavor.

That overall score shouldn't be off putting in any way... this is quality Swedish snus, with a great taste, that's a great change of pace--which is precisely the goal of a seasonal, and GB hit the nail on the head in that respect. I'll cherish my can (it's sitting in the fridge now, awaiting my next trip to the pool *grins*), and if unsweetened peach snus sounds like a win to you, I'd order a roll before it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment