Wednesday, June 12, 2013

REVIEW: Goteborgs Prima Fint Los (loose)


Appearance: 7/10 Baby blue label (okay maybe teal or electric... but whatever it is, it doesn't appeal to my machismo spirit *grins*), cardboard can, gold plastic lid.  Honestly, I'd score it lower (for the blue) if it didn't have a redeeming retro feel to it. But as it stands, it's simple, it's straightforward, it's too not embarrassing to have sitting next to your glass at a bar.
Aroma: 10/10 clean fresh tobacco
Mouth Feel: 10/10 its a los... moreover, it's a very mold-able, clay like los.  So no excuses in getting the perfect amount for the perfect fit.
Flavor: 10/10 Pure mild tobacco. It's fresh.  The perfect level of sodium.  A slight slight slight sweet hint.  Words don't do this justice... but more attempts below.
Nic Hit: 10/10 It's a standard (~8mg/g) snus, but it's a los... put in as much or as little needed to satisfy your cravings.
Drip: 7/10 Like it's cousins (Roda and Ettan)... this is a VERY finely ground snus.  As such, it's just a matter of time before little grains start coating your teeth.
Overall: 9.8/10 If you're a math nazi, you noticed I didn't go with a straight average here.  Because in spite of it's drawbacks (meh packaging and mudmouth) it's a FANTASTIC TASTING SNUS!!!!

Well... I scored this one before I even started talking about it (shocking right?), so I could explain why it's better than my rating system.  Which I can do by simply saying... "I'm all about taste and this one delivers in spades".  Now, for the more in depth look.  It's mild, it's subtle... but it's complex in that subtlety... a little sweet, a little salty, a little earthy, an ever so slight moss... a little of everything.... well, everything BUT the offensive, literally nothing in the flavor to offend any palate.  This one is right in there with RL and Ettan los in all respects (except for having a little flavor added).  For a purist like myself, this snus is heaven... and I am more than willing to overlook the package, and mudmouth, in favor of it's fantastic taste.  In fact, I'm a little embarrassed to have tried it before and overlooked what a winner it is.  That said, the last time I had this I was so deeply in love with Kardus Premium... that I wasn't ready to give it the attention it deserves.  So I'm going to give this the honorary title of a "sleeper favorite".  The perfect example of Swedish snus done right.  Now it only comes in loose, so if that's not your thing... sorry you're going to miss out... otherwise, my rave review ends thusly "run... don't walk... to try it, TRY IT NOW"!!!  Until next time, happy snusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment