Friday, May 31, 2013

REVIEW: NEW Catch Madison Avenue White Mini


I just got back from a lunch out with my sweetie--a wonderful break in my work day.  Anyway, as we were wrapping up our meal, and I went for my snus (Grov Stark... today), I noticed... "oh, shit" it's in my snus fridge at the office :(  Lucky for me the little redhead had a few of these in her purse, even luckier for me, she was willing to spare two (of the three in her can).  I know, I know... how does an ass like me get so lucky? *grins* I figured I'd honor her sacrifice with a review of her snus.  One look at the can, and all I think is "awe, how cute"... it's a teeny tiny can (easily half the size of typical), with a little catch lid, and the portions are typical white mini (wait for it... about 1/2 or less the size of normal).  The portions come in that ever so familiar Swedish Match blossom/spiral... so neatly arranged.  Upon opening the can, you're met with a sweet mint smell.  The mint is mild, nothing like american dip.  It's described as a caramel mint, and while I can definitely see that... when blended with tobacco, the flavor I pick up is more akin to Girl Scout's... Thin Mints!  Of course, with plenty of savory and tobacco notes.  These are again teeny tiny and uber discreet.  Me, being used to strong (or at least) full-sized portions... well, I have to double barrel them (read: two at a time) for any hope of getting my accustomed nicotine fix.  Considering they're mint and sweet... they're not my thing... and as such I'm not going to give these a stellar review... but I will say that it's very pleasing, and it did do a good job of getting me back to the office (sans nicotine fit) where I promptly spit it out in favor of the yummy Grov in my snus fridge.  That said, I know she absolutely loves these... so I'm going to give them a big thumbs up on her behalf.   Til next time... happy snusing!

Appearance: 10/10 For what it is (a cute mini can) it's really good looking.
Aroma: 10/10 
Mouth Feel: 7/10 Between the white, and the mini... just doesn't feel enjoyable, or fill up the lip like one would hope.
Flavor: 8/10 Too sweet for my taste, but otherwise yummy.
Nic Hit: 6/10 Get's the job done (with two), all mini's would need to be a minimum of sterk/strong to ever be considered a regular user.
Drip: 9/10 

Overall: 8.3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment