Friday, December 1, 2023

REVIEW: Kronan Lös


I've been on the fence about posting this.  Under the old adage "If you can't say something nice..." but fuck it, this a place for my opinion... so, here's my opinion on Kronan: 

Omg, this shit. Let me just open with... tastes like Pickle Rick took a piss in my snus. 



In all my years using (since '04), this has the distinct honor of being the first I threw directly in the fucking garbage after tasting. One (1) farmer's pinch was enough to know this ain't for me. I realize Kronan has it's fans (sorry guys)... but goddamn, gag a maggot. Having said that, it's probably fair to say this will not be an unbiased review.  Still if there weren't a few good things to say, I wouldn't bother posting.

Appearance:  8/10
Green and gold composite can, gold plastic lid.  Even got a crown on it for you king!  See, I said something nice.
Aroma:   3/10
Fucking dill.  Dill. Dill.  A little tobacco in the back.  Who thought this was a good idea?     
Mouth Feel: 7/10
It's a lös, I do love that, but it's a bit grainy.  The grind is somewhere between Grov and Ettan... but that grainy texture translates to abrasive/irritating with regular use (as if I'd ever have that problem with this one).
Flavor:  2/10
It's a deservedly abysmal score for an abysmal taste.  Fucking dill.  Pickle snus.  
Nic Hit: 10/10
Regular strength, my preference. Suspect it would last upwards of an hour (if I could tolerate that long).
Drip: 7/10
Subject to mudslide, but with a skilled bake, I imagine it's manageable.
Overall: 4/10
I think I've accurately conveyed my lack of appreciation for Kronan.  What merits I do find are near universal for Swedish Match lös products (which can be found without the damn dill).  


No comments:

Post a Comment