Saturday, December 2, 2023

REVIEW: Icetool Tin Can


Frugal as I may be, I am subject to the occasional impulse buy.  Not that I really blew the bank at €30.00 ($32.65 USD), but as a self-proclaimed minimalist, a can for my already canned snus seems extraneous (superfluous?), to be sure.  

Somehow, I found myself the owner of this thing regardless.  

My primary motivation was aesthetics. I tend to lean towards Swedish Match lös products (i.e. Prima Fint and Roda Lacket) and while they're not necessarily ugly, the packaging (looking at those faux gold plastic lids) isn't exactly attractive either.  The composite/paperboard cans are subject to crushing, I suppose, but it's only happened a handful of times in my near two decades of use.  In short, I'm generally pretty careful with my shit... but I guess if I squint really hard and turn my head sideways, I can kinda see a functional justification, for me, to get the Icetool Tin Can.  

Regardless of the motivation (form or function), this thing meets or exceeds expectations.  It looks great on my desk (dead sexy really) and I certainly haven't crushed or lost any snus.  

Care is simple.  I wipe it down with a paper towel between cans (of the same product) and give it a quick hand wash when I switch brands.  

I guess what I'm saying is, for about $30, and having spent 90 days with it, the Icetool Tin Can is hard not to recommend (even as a miserly, minimalist bastard).  If you like the look, I'd say it's well worth ponying up the cash.  Doubly so, if you're an "adventure time", outdoorsy or otherwise clumsy fuck that's subject to squashing cans.

Happy Snusing!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome review man. The Icetool products really are a classy look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete