Saturday, October 9, 2021

REVIEW: Knox Red White Limited Edition




Considering I came back for a Skruf product, the release of this limited edition Knox seems serendipitous. It's billed as "tobacco with hints of red berry".  Being a huge fan of Skruf Tranbar, I was beyond excited to get my hands on this snus.  Ended up snagging rolls of it (and the new General Harvest products) despite having a fridge/freezer full of my favorites.  Thanks to a lifetime of supply chain management, my brain broke a little at the thought of running my inventory this long...  but sometimes exceptions must be made!    

Appearance: 8/10 It's an embossed metallic red label, on a plastic silver can.  The little dots remind me of a sparkling wine or craft hard seltzer product.  Not fantastic, but certainly not embarrassing either.  
Aroma: 8/10  After a big whiff, the first thing that comes to mind is Skoal Berry.  Mind you, that's a product I haven't tried in well over a decade, but this is what I remember it smelling like.  That's not a bad thing.  Despite being too sweet, it was one of my favorite Skoal flavors.  For those unfamiliar, it's largely (artificial) strawberry and raspberry.  Also, there's some similarity to Skruf Tranbar here too. 
Mouth Feel: 10/10 Again, Skruf has come a long way with their portion material.  Gone are the days of dry and irritating white portions... now they're soft and sleek.  Oh, so comfy!
Flavor: 9/10  As would be expected, much of what's present on the nose hits the tongue... only the flavor is markedly (mercifully?) less sweet.  It's berry forward... strawberry, raspberry and cranberry... the profile is tart, but well balanced, followed by tobacco and salt.  It's excellent.    
Nic Hit: 10/10 Regular strength, which is my preference these days.  Lasts upwards of an hour.
Drip: 9/10 This is a fairly drip resistant pouch.  That said, once it gets moist enough, it will allow some (mud)slide.
Overall: 9/10 An absolutely delicious limited release.  If given a slot on their permanent roster, I would probably opt for Skruf Tranbar over this (I see the artificial strawberry notes wearing on me)... but it's a really fun as a one off.  Zero buyer's remorse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment